Honda Applicant Privacy Notice
HONDA MOTOR EUROPE LIMITED
This Privacy Notice tells you how Honda Motor Europe Limited ("Honda", “we” or “us”) processes your personal data. It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing that Honda carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “Your Choices and Rights” section.
What Personal Data We Collect
We process the following types of personal data in connection with your application for employment or engagement by Honda.
- Contact information: such as your name, telephone number, email and home address.
- Identification information: such as your date of birth and passport.
- Entitlement to work information: such as your nationality, visa, citizenship, social security number and passport details.
- Job related information: such as your resume or CV, cover letter, past employment and positions held in other organisations, education, professional qualifications and registrations, reference contact information, position preferences, willingness to relocate, desired salary, interests and aspirations.
- Diversity monitoring information: such as information regarding your age, gender, race and ethnicity (where permitted and to the extent required for diversity monitoring purposes).
- Sensitive information: such as information regarding your health and disabilities.
- Criminal conviction and sanctions: information regarding any criminal convictions and sanctions from regulatory or professional bodies.
- Media information: information available within public and subscription media sources (print and online), obtained through reputable media checks.
- Any other information you submit to us (including during the course of any correspondence you may have with us): such as opinions.
We may receive personal data from third party sources, such as:
- Recruitment agencies engaged by you;
- Previous employers which provide references; and
- Medical assessment providers, which may comment on your physical ability to work.
Why We Collect, Use and Store Personal Data
We collect, use and store your personal data for the reasons set out below.
- Where this is contractually necessary:
- To reimburse you for any agreed expenses incurred in the application process.
- To arrange travel on your behalf for the purpose of the interview process (if agreed).
- Where necessary for purposes which are in Honda’s legitimate interests, as further listed below, and where our interests are not overridden by your data protection rights:
- To make informed decisions on recruitment and to assess your suitability for the role.
- To improve our recruitment processes and activities.
- To administer any legal claims.
- To contact you about future career opportunities at Honda.
- Where necessary for compliance with legal obligations:
- To confirm your right to work in the country in which you have applied for a job with Honda.
If you are successful, we will also carry out other background checks as permitted or required by local law. We will provide more information about these checks before they are carried out.
How We Share your Personal Data
(a) Transfers within the Honda Group of Companies
We share some of your personal data (such as your CV and cover letter) with other members of the Honda group of companies if the role for which you have applied has a direct or indirect reporting line to another group company.
For the purposes mentioned above, your personal data will be processed in, or accessed from, Honda group companies situated in jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") that do not have equivalent data protection laws to those in the EEA. When we transfer your data within the Honda group of companies, we make use of standard contractual data protection clauses, which have been approved by the European Commission.
(b) Transfers to companies providing services under contract
Your personal data will be shared with companies providing services under contract such as those companies set out below.
- Recruitment Agencies engaged by you.
- IT hosting provider (current provider: IBM Belgium SPRL/BVBA).
- Travel service provider (current provider: Nissin Travel Services Co. Ltd).
- Hotels and accommodation provider (various).
- Taxi service provider
- External legal advisor
(c) Transfers to government authorities and/or enforcement officials
Personal data will be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if mandated by law or if required for the protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
We will retain your personal data during the recruitment process. Following the end of the recruitment process we will store your personal data as follows:
- If you are successful: We will retain your personal data, to the extent necessary, in order to manage our contractual relationship. Your personal data will form part of your employee file and we will issue a separate Honda Personnel Privacy Notice, detailing how your information will be used and your rights.
- If you are not successful: We would like to retain your details on file for up to 1 year so that we can keep you in mind for future recruitment processes and so that we can deal with any potential legal claims linked to the application process.
Your Choices and Rights
Where we require personal data to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to complete your recruitment process, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal data is optional.
You have the right to ask Honda for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide in a structured, machine readable format. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority.
The data controller for your personal data is Honda Motor Europe Limited, Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1HL.
If you have questions about this Privacy Notice or wish to contact us for any reason in relation to our personal data processing, please contact HME’s Data Protection Officer (DPO@honda-eu.com).